[U-Boot] How to make a u-boot that supports a particular board.

Sergey Lapin slapin at ossfans.org
Mon Jan 30 13:10:05 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 08:54:22PM +0530, jagan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need an info, what are the changes that can be added to plain u-boot that
> supports a particular board.
> Please point-out any specific doc or links.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Regards,
> Jagan.

That really depends on is board supported by u-boot or not.
If not then you need to add entry to board.cfg and appropriate
directories and files (you can use other boards as examples).

Use code as documentation.

If your board is supported by u-boot, then look for board
name in boards.cfg and then use make boardname_config to
configure and then just make to build. (which is documented
perfectly in README).

All the best,
S.