[U-Boot] Changes in uEnv.txt does not work

Tom Rini tom.rini at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:57:07 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM, manishdkanchan
<manishdkanchan00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am Manish and i have recently started working on beagleboard xm.
> I am facing certain issues. Need guidance to solve it.
>
> Background:
> I am using beagleboard xm, uboot version 9 of 2011
>
> Intention:
> Current version of uboot has the environment variable loaduimage set for
> ext3 partition.Now i want the uboot to pick the uimage from fat partition.
> I can do it by modifying the uboot code and use the rebuilt uboot but i want
> to remove dependency on building uboot for future version. So i was trying
> to play around with uEnv.txt

What are the contents of your uEnv.txt?  With v2011.09 and uEnv.txt
that contains:

fromuenv=true
loaduimage=silly

I see:
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
The user button is currently NOT pressed.
SD/MMC found on device 0
reading uEnv.txt

31 bytes read
Loaded environment from uEnv.txt