[U-Boot] Need help to get u-boot running on the taskit stamp9g20

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 12 08:07:17 CEST 2012

Dear Markus Hubig,

In message <CAGws1Ttp+LsKa18DpmWz-Q4d94sEeM84rOJZ+9=kS_YnGx0-Dw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Now I'm in the process of adapting this patch to the new u-boot. Up to now
> I can compile a u-boot.bin and download it to the board. But after starting up
> the new u-boot I just see this on the serial port

Congrats - you got already pretty far. You have the console working,
so you can add printf() lines to the code where you suspect issues...

> and the board is rebooting every some seconds. I'm not able to give it some
> input via the keyboard. I think maybe there are just some small bits missing
> but I'm a bit lost now ... maybe some of you can have a look and can give me
> some advice. ;-)

Attach a JTAG debugger and fire up GDB.   If you see resets after
regular intervals, then check if ther eis some watchdog running.

> I include the old patch (portuxg20.patch) and the three patches I made in this
> email. My patches are based on u-boot v2012.04.01.

Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.  We don't read such attachments.
Please see http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches is you really want
to submit a patch, and see
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#code

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Just about every computer on the market today runs Unix,  except  the
Mac (and nobody cares about it).                   - Bill Joy 6/21/85