[U-Boot] Unable to power the USB Keyboard on u-boot

Atul Kumar atulronu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:49:43 CEST 2012

Dear All,

           I am trying to use "usb keyboard" on u-boot. I am using the
u-boot stack which was shared by you. Can you help me to know where problem
is going. I am sending some of debug prints which i found on my "Beagle
board xM".

 I have connected usb mouse and usb keyboard on same side of port, here usb
mouse lights up but the keyboard does not powers on. Both keyboard and
Mouse are from logitech.

 Please help me to make this up as i have scheduled demo.

/***************** usb reset *************************************/

OMAP3 beagleboard.org # usb reset

(Re)start USB...

USB: Initializing OMAP EHCI OMAP

UHH_REVISION 0x10

OMAP EHCI init done

Register 1313 NbrPorts 3

USB EHCI 1.00

scanning bus for devices... New Device 0

New Device 1

New Device 2

New Device 3

New Device 4

5 USB Device(s) found

USB KBD: found set protocol...

USB KBD:

found set idle...

USB KBD: enable interrupt pipe...

USB KBD: found set up device.

USB KBD: register.

usb_kbd_dev.name- usbkbd

before stdio register

clone _dev->name-usbkbd,dev->name-usbkbd

clone _dev->flag- 80000003

in stdio register,usb_kbd_dev.name- usbkbd

After stdio register

before strcmp

stdin name- serial

After strcmp

stdin name- serial

before over write

before console assign

before error test

scan end

scanning bus for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found

scanning bus for ethernet devices... Warning: failed to set MAC address

1 Ethernet Device(s) found

OMAP3 beagleboard.org #
/*****************************************************/

/******************* coninfo **************************/

OMAP3 beagleboard.org # coninfo

List of available devices:

serial 80000003 SIO stdout stderr

usbtty 00000003 .IO

usbkbd 80000003 SIO stdin

OMAP3 beagleboard.org #
---------------------------------------------------------------> here i am
able to switch the console using "setenv stdin usbkbd" but No power on
keyboard does not help.
/******************************************************/

/**************** usb info ***************************/

OMAP3 beagleboard.org# usb info

1: Hub, USB Revision 2.0

- u-boot EHCI Host Controller

- Class: Hub

- PacketSize: 64 Configurations: 1

- Vendor: 0x0000 Product 0x0000 Version 1.0

Configuration: 1

- Interfaces: 1 Self Powered 0mA

Interface: 0

- Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 1

- Class Hub

- Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 8 Interval 255ms

2: Hub, USB Revision 2.0

- Class: Hub

- PacketSize: 64 Configurations: 1

- Vendor: 0x0424 Product 0x9514 Version 2.0

Configuration: 1

- Interfaces: 1 Self Powered Remote Wakeup 2mA

Interface: 0

- Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 1

- Class Hub

- Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 1 Interval 12ms

- Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 1 Interval 12ms

3: Vendor specific, USB Revision 2.0

- Class: Vendor specific

- PacketSize: 64 Configurations: 1

- Vendor: 0x0424 Product 0xec00 Version 2.0

Configuration: 1

- Interfaces: 1 Self Powered Remote Wakeup 2mA

Interface: 0

- Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 3

- Class Vendor specific

- Endpoint 1 In Bulk MaxPacket 512

- Endpoint 2 Out Bulk MaxPacket 512

- Endpoint 3 In Interrupt MaxPacket 16 Interval 4ms

4: Human Interface, USB Revision 1.10

- LITEON Technology USB Multimedia Keyboard

- Class: (from Interface) Human Interface

- PacketSize: 8 Configurations: 1

- Vendor: 0x046d Product 0xc312 Version 1.1

Configuration: 1

- Interfaces: 1 Bus Powered Remote Wakeup 70mA

Interface: 0

- Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 1

- Class Human Interface, Subclass: Boot Keyboard

- Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 8 Interval 24ms

5: Human Interface, USB Revision 2.0

- Logitech USB Optical Mouse

- Class: (from Interface) Human Interface

- PacketSize: 8 Configurations: 1

- Vendor: 0x046d Product 0xc018 Version 67.1

Configuration: 1

- Interfaces: 1 Bus Powered Remote Wakeup 100mA

Interface: 0

- Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 1

- Class Human Interface, Subclass: Boot Mouse

- Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 5 Interval 10ms

OMAP3 beagleboard.org #

Thanks & Regards
Atul Kumar