[U-Boot] Notes from the U-Boot BOF Meeting in Geneva 2012/07/12

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Wed Jul 25 21:47:36 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 08:16:12AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

[snip]
> Running a full MAKEALL for all architectures and boards, for all
> (> 40) repositories, every 24 hours, requires more CPU and I/O cycles
> that we can currently afford.

MAKEALL is indeed consuming.  But I wanted to follow up here on
something I've talked a little about on IRC now.  On my local box I've
cut the time it takes for MAKEALL -a powerpc down from 60min to 33min by
using BUILD_NBUILDS=6 BUILD_NCPUS=1 (on a 6 processor (grep -c processor
/proc/cpuinfo)) box.  I've seen similar reductions on my just TI parts
builds.  Not that this solves all of our problems, but it should help.

--
Tom