[U-Boot] Detecting board revision that needs to be done after relocation

Hebbar, Gururaja gururaja.hebbar at ti.com
Mon Jun 4 16:31:04 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 08:55:34, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to provide a get_board_rev() function that depends on I2C probe
> of a PMIC to decide between the board revision.
>
> I2C is only available after relocation,

Not necessarily. You can use i2c probe & read even before relocation provided
they are no data from bss section being used.

Look at below commits for details

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=0b620ec97e05ddb09714d127a7880333fc4008fb

http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=u-boot-am33x.git;a=commitdiff;h=4825603ea6b2f70df2986bb489c4179383c76b5a

http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=u-boot-am33x.git;a=commitdiff;h=0ffb997b4d2fa3fd6e99310d7eb4d034cc78d63e