[U-Boot] U-boot failed

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Tue Jun 5 22:22:09 CEST 2012

Dear Zeyad A,

> Hello,
>
> Please help me to configure u-boot in my NC600 board.

What's this board? Is it supported mainline? What CPU does it have, what version
of uboot etc?

> I have reached near
> to u-boot, but the kernel is not booting. After the kernel image upload via
> serial boot mode it is giving no response.

Kernel or uboot? Maybe your xyzmodem uploader doesn't work with uboot? Minicom
worked for me.

> If the kernel image upload
> become complete it is not giving any command line in the u-boot as shown in
> the guide.

I see ... what terminal emulator do you use to communicate with uboot? btw.
uploading via tftp over the ethernet is usually much faster.

> The memory is not getting flashed.

Why of course, the loady command downloads data to RAM, you have to flash it via
"nand write" or such command afterwards.

> It is again booting the same
> old windows CE in the nand boot mode.
> Kindly provide me a little support for configuring u-boot.
>
> Thanking you,
> Regards

Best regards,
Marek Vasut