[U-Boot] U-boot failed

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Fri Jun 8 15:48:16 CEST 2012

Dear Zeyad A,

> Dear Mark,
> Yeah sure, I'll do the CC and what you mean by 'fix the quote in my
> mailer'??

When you reply on an email, you usually get the old email you reply to prefixed
with these ">" (quotes). And I guess your mailed doesn't do that.

> If my u-boot is broken then what will I do?

If it was mainline, you'd simply report a problem and possibly send a patch. If
it's a vendor-supplied u-boot, that's problematic. Do you have the sources?

> Sorry, I am a little
> weak in this linux things.

That's ok.

> So please just help to do it..
> Here I am attaching a screen shot of the kernel loading process. After the
> end there is no response in the terminal, only just blinking the cursor. No
> kernel startup and all...

I see! So the kernel started the decompressor at least. Now, check the
following:

In U-Boot, run "printenv bootargs" and see if you pass correct serial port to
the kernel (argument "console=<something>"). This is what I can think of from
the top of my head. You can adjust it by running "setenv bootargs", then boot as
usual. This new bootargs won't be saved, so powercycling the board will get you
back to previous state, no damage done. Once you figure out the correct
bootargs, run "saveenv" afterwards.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut