[U-Boot] mx53loco build fails with CONFIG_VIDEO disabled

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jun 13 19:20:49 CEST 2012

On 13/06/2012 19:00, Vikram Narayanan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> mx53loco build fails when CONFIG_VIDEO and its friends disabled.
> I can send a patch fixing this.

But CONFIG_VIDEO is *not* set in mx53loco.h mainline. Do you mean you
are testing Fabio's patches ?

Fabio, can you give me an overview about your IPU patches ? I have seen
several patches during my vacation, but it is not clear to me the
status. In patchwork, most of them (but not all) are assigned to
Anatolji. Can you help me to sync myself with the current status ?

> I _really_ don't like ifdef -ing a lot of stuff.

Nobody likes it ;-)

> Instead I'd feel to
> have a separate file in the directory which does this LCD init and FB
> init call, and let the makefile handle the conditional compilation.

A way we use in the past to have different compilation of the same board
with different features is to use a separate entry into boards.cfg, for
example see imx31_phycore, or also magnesium and imx27lite, or...

Anyway, when patches for IPU flow into mainline, is there a good reason
to not enable CONFIG_VIDEO for mx53loco ?

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de