[U-Boot] splash screen on uboot 1.3.4

Gigin Jose gigin_jose at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jun 19 17:00:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am working on s3c2416 ARM9 based processor. The u-boot version used is u-boot 1.3.4. This u-boot does not have the splash screen implemented on the source code.

To enable the splash screen, I defined CONFIG_SPLASH_SCREEN in include/configs/smdk2416.h file. Now I get the error "undefined reference to `video_display_bitmap'". So, the frame buffer driver was not initialized in my bootloader.

I have the reference code for LCD initialization in the kernel driver, so I thought of implementing a similar initialization on the bootloader also.

I am confused, from where to start the initialization for the LCD in the bootloader. Should I start writing the driver from scratch, or is there any reference code from I can start of for the LCD initialization.

Should I add one more initialization sequence inside *init_sequence[] array in the start_armboot function, or can I make use of the drv_lcd_init inside common/lcd.c file.

what would be a better approach to start with ?

Thank You
With Regards
GIGIN JOSE