[U-Boot] New to u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 22 15:15:04 CEST 2012

Dear Rene,

In message <CAB71J7aq1fnsPSUgDHO1DPoKYN6W1j6stkeipYfqRk1n9iT1gw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Hi, I am new to U-Boot, how do I get started?

Welcome aboard.

> I work at Freescale and in my free time I would like to port uboot to some
> ARM and PPC board of the Freescale's Tower System.

If you want, you can just look around which boards / architectures are
already supported in mainline U-Boot (and/or read the mailing list
archives, or ask) which features are still missing); then check what
is available as out-of-tree code in Freescale's LTIB and other
distributions.  Then start to adapt this out-of-tree code to current
versions of U-Boot, and push the patches mainline.

This is a task where you don't have to start at the lowest levels, and
you can build up your experience gradually as you go.

Good luck!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success  is  also
easy  to  handle:  you've  solved  the  wrong  problem.  Work hard to
improve.