[U-Boot] problems when large nand flash used

Сергей К. esups at ukr.net
Sun Jun 24 22:38:26 CEST 2012

 Hello all!
I have some problem when using NAND flash manufactured by Toshiba.
The device ID is 0xD7 , value 4Gbyte, page size 0x1000,
erase blocksize 0x80000.
The board is at91sam9260 based custom board.
At first I was a normal performance of the board with a chip
samsung k9k8g08 and u-boot version 1.3.4.
 But now i can not to get normal functionality of the board
 using toshiba chip and u-boot version 2012.04-rc3
Then I change NAND chip and u-boot sends to debug port ecc error when
access to NAND is flow.
For a while I could not think how to solve this problem and
 changed U-boot settings to no avail.
Then I manually set page size and blocksize in file
drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c for 0xD7 device and the error disappeared.
I have no idea - what did i  wrong?Why autodetect is absent?
Now ecc error do not take place, but i have not accsess to high
2Gbyte of NAND- write , erase and read operations is fault, blocks
skipped to high range of the NAND.
not 2Gbyte ,  the fault area begin from 0x80200000h address
(it is more correctly).
Write, erase and read operations into  space 0x0000h - 0x80200000h
flow without any problem. This NAND chip is new.
What do you think about this?

Best regards,
Serg Klimenko