[U-Boot] cam_enc_4xx build failure

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 5 17:32:42 CET 2012

Dear Heiko,

In message <4F547BCB.1010201 at denx.de> you wrote:

> > arm-linux-ld: u-boot-spl: Not enough room for program headers, try linking with
> > -N
> Hmm.. I need here this patch (for ELDK-4.2 only):
> -LDFLAGS_u-boot-spl += -T $(obj)u-boot-spl.lds $(LDFLAGS_FINAL)
> +LDFLAGS_u-boot-spl += -N -T $(obj)u-boot-spl.lds $(LDFLAGS_FINAL)
>  ifneq ($(CONFIG_SPL_TEXT_BASE),)
>  LDFLAGS_u-boot-spl += -Ttext $(CONFIG_SPL_TEXT_BASE)
>  endif
>
> compiles/works with ELDK-4.2 compiles/works with ELDK-5.1 ...
>
> a) better ideas for a fix?
> b) If patch is OK, should I send for this issue in a seperate patch?

Hm... checking the documentation what -N does:

`-N'
`--omagic'
     Set the text and data sections to be readable and writable.
     Also, do not page-align the data segment, and disable linking
     against shared libraries. If the output format supports Unix
     style magic numbers, mark the output as `OMAGIC'. Note: Although
     a writable text section is allowed for PE-COFF targets, it does
     not conform to the format specification published by Microsoft.

Attributes like "readable and writable" don't play a role here, and we
are not using any shared libraries either.

So it must be the "do not page-align the data segment" part - which
indocated that you should adjust your image size assumptions and/or
your linker script.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It would seem that evil retreats when forcibly confronted
	-- Yarnek of Excalbia, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5