[U-Boot] pull request for u-boot-tegra/master

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon Mar 12 21:24:51 CET 2012

+Jerry

Hi Tom,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Tom Warren <TWarren at nvidia.com> wrote:
> Folks,

Yes, I'm sorry about this also.

I don't like Stephen's change because it changes the meaning of
u-boot.bin, and I really thought the CONFIG_OF_CONTROL stuff was
pretty good as is. But if Wolfgang or Jerry do like it, then that's
fine, we can change things.

Other than that, we need to wait until the panic stuff is sorted out.
We sort-of have a plan (revert 295d3942, replace with something more
like the pre-console panic, and make it the board's responsibility to
select which UARTs can be used). I will come up with a new series in
the next few days, and we will see where it goes.

If Stephen decides he is happy for the moment with pulling it as it
originally was (without the 4 panic patches and without the u-boot
Makefile change) then I'm fine with that also. We can then untie the
two things. But that means that for now if you flash U-Boot without an
fdt then you get no message and you will have to RTFM
(README.fdt-control) or ask on list.

Regards,
Simon