[U-Boot] Bug in cfb_console driver

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Wed Mar 21 13:18:39 CET 2012

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 02:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
Pali Rohár <pali.rohar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 10 March 2012 14:06:23 Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 March 2012 10:25:57 Anatolij Gustschin wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Can you please test with attached patch? Does it help to solve
> > > your problem on N900?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Anatolij
> >
> > Hi! This patch solving problem on my N900.
>
> Hi, I found a problem why code (without) this patch garbage display
> output. I played with code in function video_draw_cursor and every
> time when I tried to only read what is stored in *dest, on n900
> dispaly was show some random white or blue pixel. This code not
> working on n900:
>
> static u8 foo;
> for (y 	for (x 		u8 *dest 		foo 		*dest 	}
> }
>
> But if I commented assign foo
> So I think that reading memory of framebuffer on n900 does not working
> (it also write something somewhere...) What do you think, where can be
> problem?

I have a suspicion that your framebuffer area configured for the
display controller is not exclusively used. In another email [1]
to Marek I explained where the problem could be.

Thanks,
Anatolij

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/123527/focus=127720