[U-Boot] Unable to use USB Keyboard on u-boot

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Fri May 11 14:16:33 CEST 2012

Dear Atul Kumar,

Please CC the mailing list, always.

> Dear Marek,
>
>          Thanks for your attention.. After doing "coninfo", i get below
> msg..
>
> OMAP3 beagleboard.org #
>
> coninfo
>
> List of available devices:
>
> serial 80000003 SIO stdin stdout stderr
>
> usbtty 00000
>
> 003 .IO
>
> usbkbd 80000001 SI.
>
> OMAP3 beagleboard.org #
>
> tried to do setenv...
>
>  OMAP3 beagleboard.org #
>
> setenv stdin usbkbd

All right, maybe you should fix your method of pasting u-boot output, you have
every second line blank and a few linebreaks here and there, randomly. It'd be
cool to fix it, it'd make it much easier to read. Can you do something about it
please?

> OMAP3 beagleboard.org #
>
> After doing this my terminal does not prints any logs but i am able to type
> on console..

You mean with the keyboard? Because "setenv stdin usbkbd" tells the system to
read input from the USB keyboard.

> Once when i reboot the board again the logs starts coming up..

Ah ... so you got no console output. Try typing on the usb keyboard. If you
change stdin to usbkbd, you'd only be able to type with the USB keyboard, it
won't pick input from the UART/serial port or whatever other source you use.

> I see on "*stdin name- *serial** " .. if instead of serial "*usbkbd*" is
> there it will be able to register the kbd..
>
> I tried this another way but do not find any change in pri ..

Pri?
[...]

btw it's a good practice in the mailing list to not top-post (aka reply under
the email you're replying to). But if you comment on stuff, you can do it in the
middle of the email (just like I did with this one) to better identify what
you're replying to.