[U-Boot] any value in defining specifically a beagleboard xM config file?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Nov 11 16:18:43 CET 2012

  i'll guess this topic has come up before but is there any value in
defining a config file explicitly for the beagle xM, which differs
from the beagle classic primarily in that it has no onboard flash?

  on my current xM, i have a perfectly fine booting u-boot which i'm
thinking i got from the circuitco site, and it works terrifically
except that it comes with numerous commands related to flash, of which
there is of course none.

  the stock omap3_beagle.h file, unsurprisingly, configures all of the
MTD and NAND settings relevant for the classic, which are entirely
superfluous for the xM.  and given the number of commands that
represents, there's lots of stuff that obviously has no value on the
xM.

  would there be any value in defining an omap3_beagle_xm.h file that
simply includes the current beagle file, then undefines any settings
related to flash?  i can't imagine that would be hard to do.

rday

p.s.  weirdly, while my working u-boot has all sorts of flash-related
commands, it *doesn't* have "flinfo", which seems odd and kind of
inconsistent.  will investigate further ...

                        http://crashcourse.ca