[U-Boot] P2020rdb :- process hangs while invalidate_tlb's

diyaa diya8off at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:50:23 CEST 2012

Hi

I am working on a custom board (VPX Based P2020 board) and trying  to port
u-boot-2011.09 (supports P2020 RDB) in it . Our board is similar to P2020RDB
board and the technical specification is shown below ,

->Processor

    Freescale QorIQ P2020 processor
    Dual PowerPC e500v2 cores at up to 1.2 GHz
    512 kB of shared L2 cache

->Memory

    1 GB of DDR3-600 SDRAM
    128 MB of NOR flash (16-bit)

Through Codewarroier Emulator Tool, We checked the DDR,FLASH,Uart console
and its working fine without any issue.

when we ported u-boot (u-boot-2011.09) at boot rom location 0xFFF80000, it
fails at invalidate_tlbs in cpu_init_early_f  and cannot proceed to get
serial console .we probed the flash CS while poweron boot , processor is
keeping bunch of CS( confirms processor able to access flash)

Why its getting held up while invalidating tlb's

Can you help us to solve the issue