[U-Boot] u-boot nand suppoort for i.MX5

Benoît Thébaudeau benoit.thebaudeau at advansee.com
Tue Oct 23 16:45:48 CEST 2012

Hello George,

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:35:08 PM, George C. Huntington III wrote:
> hello Benoît,
> I am trying to get a recent u-boot working with a KARO-TX53 (i.MX53
> based board) and booting from nand.  I have been looking at your
> patches
> from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/137806
> and I am having some trouble getting nand to be recognized.  do you
> have
> a git repository with your i.MX5 nand work in it that I can pull from
> get get my board booting?

Can you try to apply the following patch to u-boot/master
(http://git.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=summary)?

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/179176/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/179176/raw/

Normally, it should apply fine.

I have tested it with i.MX51 NAND boot. It should also work fine with i.MX53.
Note that I used SLC with 2-kB pages. 4-kB pages should be supported by mxc nand
spl, but not yet by mtd mxc.

Best regards,
Benoît