[U-Boot] which u-boot build config to choose for kirkwood?

JPT j-p-t at gmx.net
Sun Apr 7 12:06:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

I finally succeeded in booting my kirkwood board from UART. But this did
not help. The Netgear uboot 1.1.4 still hangs after loading the network
hardware. Since I was messing with the uboot-env before it broke, this
is most likely the cause of the problems.

To access the uboot-env I've got two alternatives I can think of:
- Boot a current mainline U-boot to get the uboot console and access to
the uboot-env in NAND.

- Boot into (kirkwood?) debug console using the magic bytes. I once
achieved to get it, but since I don't. And I don't know anything about
how to use it. (any hints?)
Kirkwood UART boot is integrated into the current mainline uboot, but
debug console isn't, right?

Well, I decided to build uboot myself. To access uboot env in NAND I
only need working: CPU, NAND, RAM, UART. Correct?
Could you please give some hints on how to choose the right config?

Most detailed hw info I got from: http://natisbad.org/NAS

CPU:
Marvell 82F6282 SoC (aka ARMADA 300) from Kirkwood family.
ARMv5TE-compatible
cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant     : 0x2
CPU part        : 0x131
CPU revision    : 1
Hardware        : Feroceon-KW

RAM
2x 128MB DDR3 1333 Hynix H5TQ1G83DFR-H9C @ 533Mhz?

NAND
Hynix H27U1G8F2BTR

UART
integrated into Marvell SoC

I am not sure about this one, and if I need it:
ATMEL AT25F512B-SSH
512 Kilobit SPI flash.

btw, is uboot-env 1.1.4 compatible to recent uboot?

thanks,

Jan