[U-Boot] [RFC 00/10] New board-specific USB initialization interface

Mateusz Zalega m.zalega at samsung.com
Wed Aug 7 17:57:14 CEST 2013

On 08/06/13 13:40, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Mateusz Zalega,
>
> In message <1375786242-11734-1-git-send-email-m.zalega at samsung.com> you wrote:
>> Current implementation of do_dfu() and do_usb_mass_storage() requires
>> board-specific board_usb_init() which performs USB hardware initialization.
>>
>> I noticed that several boards have such a function defined, named either
>> usb_board_init() (which binds to ohci-hcd.c driver and had been used solely
>> by it) or board_usb_init() (as in ehci-omap.c). I _assumed_ that these functions
>> do what's required by do_*() and renamed the earlier in order to unify the naming
>> convention.
>
> I appreciate your efforts, but this whole area clearly falls into the
> domain of the device model rework.  Is your suggested implementation
> in any way synchronized with what has been discussed about this topic
> before?

Hello,

I've caught up with driver model discussion. The changes I submitted are
related to sharing of board-specific hardware initialization functions
between drivers, therefore my patches, if I don't miss anything, do not
collide with driver model rework - these changes would have to be done
anyway.

Regards,

--
Mateusz Zalega
Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Kernel and System Framework group