[U-Boot] booting issue with Atmel SAMA5D31 Evaluation kit

Ron Eggler reggler at semios.com
Thu Dec 12 22:22:35 CET 2013

Hi,

I got a SAMA5D31 evaluation kit here, it came with some default application. I started
reading through the getting started guide and immediately tried to load my own image -
MISTAKE!
I started playing around with u-boot trying to get an image from my tftp server loaded but
now i realize, that I can't get it to hook up to my LAN. Bad! Because it won't even let me
boot the original application anymore.
When I boot it and my variables look like this:
Warning: failed to set MAC address

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
macb0: PHY present at 0
macb0: Starting autonegotiation...
macb0: Autonegotiation timed out (status=0x7849)
macb0: link down (status: 0x7849)
macb0: PHY present at 0
macb0: Starting autonegotiation...
macb0: Autonegotiation timed out (status=0x7849)
macb0: link down (status: 0x7849)
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
U-Boot> printenv
baudrate=115200
bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 ip=${ipaddr} root=/dev/nfs rw
nfsroot=${serverip}:/full/path/to/rfs
bootcmd=tftp;tftp 21000000 sama5d3x_ek.dtbbootm 22000000 - 21000000
bootdelay=1
bootfile=uImage-3.6-ts-armv7l
ethact=macb0
ipaddr=192.168.1.122
loadaddr=22000000
serverip=192.168.1.121
stderr=serial
stdin=serial
stdout=serial

Environment size: 367/131067 bytes
U-Boot>

What can I do to at least get it to boot the default program again?

Thanks,
Ron
--
*ron eggler | semios | senior software engineer*
320 - 887 Great Northern Way | Vancouver, BC | V5T 4T5

--------
[1] tel:604%20229%202044%20ext%20105
[2] tel:778%20230%209442
[3] mailto:reggler at semios.com