[U-Boot] MPC8555 pci issue

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 3 13:10:34 CET 2013

Dear "Ashok Kumar Kacham",

In message <0969b5bdd1b15922721db142831c3b02.squirrel at mail.bel.co.in> you wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we have a pci-to-usb controller(32bit,33MHZ,PCI1 controller, IDSEL 18) on
> pci bus, we disabled PCI and tried to read the configuration data(vendor
> and
> device id) of the usb controller by giving following commands.
> (0xe0000000 is the CCSR base address)
>
> $mw 0xe0008000 0x80009000

What exactly is this command supposed to do?

> $md 0xe0008004

Which exact devices / registers are supposed to be mapped at
0xe0008000, 0xe0008004, and 0x80009000 ?

> => mw 0xe0008000 0x80009000
> => md 0xe0008004
> e0008004:
> //hangs here

Are you 100% sure that reading a probably large number of 32 words
starting at address 0xe0008004 should work?  Can you provide the
register mapping for this address range?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A list is only as strong as its weakest link.            -- Don Knuth