[U-Boot] problem displaying bitmap on i.MX6

Carolyn Smith carolynsmi56 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 17:06:30 CET 2013

Hello,

I have a synchronous LCD panel connected to an LVDS channel on an
i.MX6 and am trying to display a bitmap during the startup of U-Boot.
The bitmap is 800x480 and is being correctly unpacked into memory as a
565RGB image.

The display_info structure is

static struct display_info_t const displays[] = {
                {
                        .pixfmt            = IPU_PIX_FMT_RGB666,
                                .enable   = enable_rgb,
                                .mode     = {
                                                .name           = "wvga-rgb",
                                                .refresh        = 60,
                                                .xres           = 800,
                                                .yres           = 480,
                                                .pixclock       =
33614, /* 35088, */
                                                .left_margin    = 80,
                                                .right_margin   = 48,
                                                .upper_margin   = 6,
                                                .lower_margin   = 3,
                                                .hsync_len      = 32,
                                                .vsync_len      = 7,
                                                .sync           =
FB_SYNC_HOR_HIGH_ACT,
                                                .vmode          =
FB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED
                                }
                }
};

The colors of the bitmap are being displayed properly but it is being
stretched horizontally such that (roughly) the left-most 350 columns
of the image fill the 800 column wide screen.

The pixclock value was changed from 35088 to 33614 and that got us
closer to correct operation but we still have the stretching problem.
Could the stretching be caused by the pixclock still being wrong? Is
there something else I should be looking at that might be causing
this?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you,
Carolyn