[U-Boot] can i in u-boot partition a device and format it in fat ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 30 16:07:19 CET 2013

Dear "Altunbas Sabri (DC-IA/EAH2)",

In message <EADA2943BAC14C4AB625A3550A3BE9800966D80DBE at SI-MBX04.de.bosch.com> you wrote:

> i had a look at the u-boot cmd's. I can read/write a file from/to a dos par
> tition but I didn't find a command for partitioning and formatting a device.

No, you cannot (at least not unless you are willing to manually build
the boot sector using "mw" commands and then writing it to the
drive).  Boot an OS for this purpose...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil  with
a  blunt  ax.  It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes
instead.                                           -- Edsger Dijkstra