[U-Boot] memory block device?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 30 19:59:58 CET 2013

Dear Stijn,

In message <405242335239DD41A819B4B5F37E07D618334340 at xmb-rcd-x04.cisco.com> you wrote:

> I want to read files from an ext2 filesystem stored in a flash that is mapp
> ed to a physical address range. To be able to use the ext2 commands I think
>  what I need is a block device (block_dev_desc_t) that treats an address ra
> nge as a block device.

Please restrict your line length to some 70 characters...

> Does something like this already exist in u-boot or do I have to write one
> from scratch.

This does not exist yet, but will come more or less automatically when
we introduce the device driver model.  Unfortunately, the DM work is a
bit behind schedule.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"In the long run, every program becomes rococo, and then rubble."
- Alan Perlis