[U-Boot] Merge Window close date

Masahiro Yamada yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Thu Jun 20 04:32:30 CEST 2013

Hi Wolfgang.

> In message <20130619105426.7444.AA925319 at jp.panasonic.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Especailly after reading this
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/104943/focus=104951
> > Maybe I became a little nervous about the MW.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here?

What I tried to say is:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/104943/focus=104951
is linked from the U-Boot "Release Cycle" page.
I read throught it.

Linus complained so severly about sending patches out of MW.
I was not sure U-Boot maintainers are harsh as well,
but I tried to be as careful as possible not to post my patch
when I shoudn't.

I believed the "Release Cycle" page was showing
the current MW status.
That's why I often checked this page.

At first, I thoght patches shouldn't be sent out of the MW,
except bug fixes or so.
But it was my misunderstading.

Albert sent the very useful list of the MW rules.
According to it, patches can be sent any time,
even though they may not included the next release.

Now I could understand the MW well
with help of you and Albert.
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,