[U-Boot] Handling images(.jpg, .bmp etc) in u-boot

bhargavak anur.bhargav at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 18:47:08 CET 2013

I created a partition in my eMMC, used fastboot to flash a "example.bmp"..
How do I get the base address of the partition ?

I have the following partitions on my device running android, has a u-boot
bootloader

U-Boot 1.1.4.XTRAVERSION-g6c554dbc-dirty (Mar 26 2013 - 14:26:11
Load address: 0x80e80000
DRAM: 512 MB
Flash: 0 kB
Using default environment
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
efi partition table:
ptbl slot:    EMMC:(1).
      256     128K      xloader
      512     3M         bootloader
    6656     512K      splash
    7680     128K      misc
    8704     64M       efs
 139776    16K        crypto
 139808    16M        recovery
 172576    8M          boot
 188960    512M      system
1237536   256M      cache
1761824   128M      apk
2023968   2787M    userdata

How do I get the base address of each partition, I tried the following
commands in u-boot but It either gives me an error or doesn't return
anything
1. # flinfo
Bank # 1: missing or unknown FLASH type
Bank # 2: missing or unknown FLASH type

2. fsinfo
Device Hangs up

3. # fli
Bank # 1: missing or unknown FLASH type
Bank # 2: missing or unknown FLASH type

Please help me find the base address of each of the partition.