[U-Boot] Handling images(.jpg, .bmp etc) in u-boot

bhargavak anur.bhargav at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 13:54:35 CEST 2013

That's a very nice explanation..
Here's what I will do, please tell me if the whole procedure is right.

I have a SD-card partitioned as follows:
boot: FAT32, holds a MLO and u-boot.bin through which I boot my device (runs
on OMAP4470)
rootfs: mostly empty always (ext4 currently), I will format it as FAT32

I copy "slide-0.bmp" into the rootfs partition and define
"CONFIG_SYS_HUSH_PARSER".

Then I stop the bootloader before the kernel starts, do "setenv" as follows,
and "saveenv"
> show_one=fatload mmc 0:2 40001000 slide-${i}.bmp;bmp d 40001000

Then do the following:
> run show_one

I should be able to see the image on the screen ?
Is there any other configuration options that I should enable ?

For some reason "saveenv" was not working for me yesterday, when I tried to
experiment with the "splashimage" environment variable.
I do not remember the exact error it threw, I could post the error first
thing tomorrow from my workplace.
As a workaround can I set above variables in my "OMAP" config header ?
My u-boot version is "U-Boot 1.1.4-geb3fa991".