[U-Boot] No single character output after update to latest u-boot on pandaboard

Chao Xu caesarxuchao at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 16:29:56 CET 2013

Hi Abraham,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply! But I think I can rule
out the three possible problems you mentioned.
1. The cross compiler should be fine. Because I use it all the time to
compile kernel for pandaboard and it has never been a problem
2. I'm doing exactly what you suggested, i.e. the SD card is
partitioned by a pre-built image.
3. The serial cable is fine because the pre-built image was working
properly with the serial cable. Only after I update the u-boot comes
the no-output problem.
Could you think of any other possible problem? I suspect maybe I need
to modify other files (uEnv.txt, boot.scr) in the /boot partition?
These files came along with the pre-built image. Thanks again.

Regards,
Chao Xu