[U-Boot] Socfpga preloader signing patch

Gerhard Sittig gsi at denx.de
Mon Apr 7 22:24:34 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 07:51 +1200, Charles Manning wrote:

> On Saturday 05 April 2014 09:47:02 Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > I'm trying to get custom preloader to work (on EBV Socrates)... I
> > > tried applying old patch from mail archives, but a) applying patch
> > > from mail archives is not fun and b) it did not seem to do the trick.
> >
> > Just to make sure... right way to use the
> > socfpga-signed-preloader.bin is
> >
> > dd if=socfpga-signed-preloader.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=64k seek=0
> > dd if=u-boot.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=64K seek=4
>
> Almost right.
>
> It must be partition 3, which must be of type A2.
>
> dd .....of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 ...

FYI:  It's not strictly necessary that partition 3 is the raw
partition of type A2.  That's just a common practice or a
previous default, but not the only valid setup.  I'm aware of
setups where the FAT partition was omitted, p1 is raw and p2 is
Linux.  These work equally fine.

virtually yours
Gerhard Sittig
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr. 5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de