[U-Boot] [Question] Linux Boot with u-boot 2014.04 on Zynq board

Masahiro Yamada yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Wed Apr 30 11:54:07 CEST 2014

Hi Michal,

I am a user of Zynq ZC-706 board.

On u-boot 2014.01 release, I put Kernel Image, Device Tree,
Ramdisk into "fit.itb" and I could successfully boot Linux Kernel.

But I don't know how to boot Kernel on u-boot 2014.04 release.
Please help!

The default boot sequence of Zynq on the u-boot-2014.04 release
is Falcon boot, right?

I am trying to boot Linux with
  - U-boot 2014.04
  - Linux Kernel 3.14
  - SD boot mode
  - ZC706 board

What I did is roughly like this:

 ## U-Boot ##
[1] Build u-boot
[2] Convert  spl/u-boot-spl.bin into  boot.bin
      with BootGen tool
[3] Copy "boot.bin" to FAT-fomatted SD card.

 ##Kernel ##
[1] Build kernel  with  multi_v7_defconfig setting
[2] Copy uImage to the SD card
[3] Rename zynq-zc706.dtb into system.dtb
     and copy to SD card

Kernel boot failed to mount the root device.

My question is, how to pass an init ramdisk?
In which file-name  should I copy init ramdisk
into SD card?

How should I load the init ramdisk  from the  SD card?

Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada