[U-Boot] FAT filesystem support on SPI flash

Vasili Galka vasili at visionmap.com
Sun Feb 23 14:37:53 CET 2014

Hi,

On our system, we are interested in keeping all files, including the OS image and U-Boot second stage on FAT filesystem residing on a SPI flash.

I have not found existing U-Boot support for such functionality. Have I missed it?

In any case, I'm willing to implement this, do you see it reasonable incorporating such code into U-Boot? (if it passes review of course)

I note about design: As our chip (TI's AM335x) does not support direct boot from FAT stored on SPI, I plan reserving section at the beginning of SPI flash for the first stage boot loader and having the filesystem after it.

Best,
Vasili

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain proprietary information belonging to VisionMap Ltd. VisionMap Ltd. asserts in respect of this email and any files transmitted with it all rights for confidentiality and proprietary interests to the fullest extent permitted by law. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Thank you.