[U-Boot] Enabling multiple serial ports for OMAP3 EVM on u-boot 2014.04

Lnijalin lokesh1kumar2nijalinge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:00:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

I tried to make the multiple serials ports working for OMAP3 EVM on u-boot
2014.04.
Below is the configuration file changes:
1. include/configs/omap3_evm_common.h
   #define CONFIG_CONS_INDEX               1
   #define CONFIG_SERIAL1                  1       /* UART1 on OMAP3 EVM */
   #define CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_COM1         OMAP34XX_UART1
+ #define CONFIG_SERIAL2                  1       /* UART2 on OMAP3 EVM */
+ #define CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_COM2         OMAP34XX_UART2
   #define CONFIG_BAUDRATE                 115200

But the changes are not effecting as the mdr1 register values are not
changing.
Below is the output for mdr1 register for UART1 and UART2
1. UART1==> md 4806a020 => 00000000
2. UART2==> md 4806c020 => 00000007

Can any one help me on configuring multiple ports at uboot.

Thnaks,
Lokesh