[U-Boot] Standalone application - expanding export functions

swami91 to.swami at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 21:28:08 CEST 2014

Hi,

  I was going through the document in doc/README.standalone. It says I can
add addition functions to export/_export.h:

"   To export some additional function foobar(), the following steps
   should be undertaken:
   - Append the following line at the end of the include/_exports.h
     file:
        EXPORT_FUNC(foobar)   "

But the discussion in the following thread by Wolfgang says the standalone
function will have to be GPLed if expanded.

http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/Using-U-Boot-in-a-mixed-licensed-environment-td142874.html

I am confused. Can you please clarify if we can expand the export functions
with both with u-boot code functions and the functions I add to u-boot and
still not to GPL the standalone application if it uses those functions?

Thanks,
-Sudhakar