[U-Boot] xil_printf in ps7_init.c for u-boot-spl (zynq)

Heshsham Abdul Basit hf.basit at gmail.com
Sat May 3 11:01:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

To build u-boot-spl I had to put ps7_init.c and ps7_init.h in
/board/xilinx/zynq.
Then when I compile I get boot.bin in the TOPDIR.

The functions defined in ps7_init.* are called in spl.c.

For debug purpose I wanted put some xil-printf statements in my
ps7_init files. But it does not work, says ;

undefined reference to xil_printf

I included xil-printf.h in the ps7_init.c file, now it is unable to
locate this file.
I can find this file somewhere else and copy paset here, but I think
then it would complain about other missing files and parameters.

So how do I use printf statements in ps7_init.c file  correctly.
such as this:

// Get the PS_VERSION on run time
  unsigned long si_ver = ps7GetSiliconVersion ();
xil_printf ("\n ps7 Silicon Version : %d.0", si_ver);

If xil_printf is not valid here, then is there any other method to
display messages such as  prointing si_ver wrt above snippet?

Thanks,.

Heshsham