[U-Boot] Standalone application issue.

mazen.e mazen.ezzeddine at gmail.com
Mon May 26 08:34:07 CEST 2014

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you very much.

As per your request,

I executed the following  mkimage command:

mkimage -A arm -O u-boot -T standalone -C none -a 0x0c100000 -e 0x0c100000
-n  "Hello World" -d hello_world.bin Hello.img

Than, I transferred to the board using uboot loadb (followed by the kermit
send command) and then launched the bootm

ARNDALE5250 # bootm 0x43E00000
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 43e00000 ...
   Image Name:   Hello World
   Image Type:   ARM U-Boot Standalone Program (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    594 Bytes = 594 Bytes
   Load Address: 0c100000
   Entry Point:  0c100000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Still, the program hangs at the above giving no sign of life.

Please note I am using the arndale 5250 board, am I missing something?

Can I try to write the hello world standalone into the microSD?  what are dd
parameters shall I use (e.g. seek)?

Many thanks and best regards.