[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-x86.git

Masahiro Yamada yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Fri Nov 21 09:29:15 CET 2014

Hi Simon, Tom,

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:24:54 +0100
Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi Masahiro,
>
> On 21 November 2014 08:11, Masahiro Yamada <yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com> wrote:
> > Simon,
> >
> > On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:00:27 +0100
> > Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Tom,
> >>
> >> Here's the introduction of bare x86 support.
> >>

> >> The following changes since commit 4d70b34d7f721d8b1d4d628e68c3a44ab7a10dff:
> >>
> >>   Merge branch 'master' of git://git.denx.de/u-boot-ubi (2014-11-19
> >> 23:18:29 -0500)
> >>
> >> are available in the git repository at:
> >>
> >>   git://git.denx.de/u-boot-x86.git
> >>
> >> for you to fetch changes up to fe5b9b447c6eea3873833b1f3ba15c9854aa2ef8:
> >>
> >>   x86: Rename chromebook-x86 to coreboot (2014-11-21 07:34:16 +0100)

> >> Bin Meng (4):
> >>       x86: Do CPU identification in the early phase
> >>       x86: Do TSC MSR calibration only for known/supported CPUs
> >>       x86: Add quick TSC calibration via PIT
> >>       x86: Save TSC frequency in the global data
> >>
> >> Masahiro Yamada (1):
> >>       x86: use CONFIG_SYS_COREBOOT to descend into coreboot/ directory
> >

> > Wait, this patch was posted as a series.
> >
> > It should not be applied without the others in my series.
> > What is going on?
>
> I applied this to x86 a while back - it actually was the same as a
> patch I had locally so I picked up yours instead. It works fine on x86
> and I think it is independent of the series.
>
> So I know this is a bit unusual but I think it is OK.

Understood, but I am a bit unhappy because
  - The subject "x86: use CONFIG_SYS_COREBOOT to descend into coreboot/ directory"
    is totally unrelated to the actual code
  - The first hunk was lost of my original patch, so I have to resend my series
    to get it back.

Tom, if possible, after you pull this, can you rephrase the commit subject locally?
For ex.

   "x86: use CONFIG_SYS_COREBOOT to descend into coreboot/ directory"

   ->

    "x86: remove redundant CONFIG_SYS_COREBOOT references"

I will resend my series lator...

Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada