[U-Boot] [sunxi][nand][legal]

Daniel at theia.denx.de Daniel at theia.denx.de
Mon Aug 24 20:34:43 CEST 2015

Dear all,

to my great detriment I've recently noticed, that Sunxi SPL NAND support
I've been working very hard to upstream has been lately reverted. I was
surprised, that nobody has acknowledged me about that.

Namely I'm talking about commit:
da9971d1b3bdb554d4a4ac948119f8b2616bbcce

I guess it was an act of my dishonest ex-employer, with whom we have now
legal issue about copyrights on above-mentioned driver. In January 2015
I was granted with the permission to upstream the code to Das U-Boot
from my ex-employer and sent set of patches which I hadn't time to work
with later (note the copyrights on nand driver):

https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-sunxi@googlegroups.com/msg09354.html

After this job I have finally had time to finish this work (which is
based on already published code from January 5th). It didn't took long,
when Antmicro send me a legal paper with claims that I infract their
copyrights – what isn't true. This dispute is still pending on the legal
ground.

I have no words for such a meanness from my previous employer – to give
permission to upstream code and then, for probably the some business
reasons, deny their own words. This is really tawdry.

Best regards,
Daniel Kochmański

--
Daniel Kochmański | Poznań, Poland
;; aka jackdaniel

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi