[U-Boot] 2015.10-rc2 Chromebook Snow boot failure

Misha Komarovskiy zombah at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 21:50:59 CEST 2015

Hello Simon,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi Misha,
>
> On 24 August 2015 at 03:55, Misha Komarovskiy <zombah at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Simon,
> > Confirmed, with vdd_arm set 1.1, snow boots fine.
> > ---
> > Best Regards,
> > Misha Komarovskiy
> > zombahatgmaildotcom
>
> Please avoid top posting as it leads to a confusing thread.

Will follow this rule in future.

> Would you like to send a patch to update this?

Sure i can, it is easy with advice your gave.
Better to use if condition CONFIG_TARGET_SNOW or rise
overall vdd_arm clock?

> > On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Misha Komarovskiy <zombah at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hello Simon,
> >> 2015.07 and 2015.10-rc1 both boot fine. I use this U-Boot as third
> >> stage from SD card/USB stick, im not quite
> >> sure what right name for this position from reset vector.
> >> I will try to increase  ret = exynos_set_regulator("vdd_arm",
> >> 1000000); to 1100000 and report result.
>
> You say it is a 3rd-stage - does that mean you are booting U-Boot
> after the existing SPL and U-Boot have already run? That would explain
> the problem, since the built-in U-Boot sets the CPU speed to maximum.

openSUSE, my linux distro, use chained nv-U-Boot method: factory bootloaders
stay on their places, USB Boot triggered by enabling dev mode in Chrome OS
and ctrl-U combo on power on to read second stage Das U-Boot from SD card
or
USB storage, which is upsream version.

> We don't have support for CPU clock adjustment in mainline yet.
>
> >> ---
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Misha Komarovskiy
> >> zombahatgmaildotcom