[U-Boot] u-boot for Snow problem

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:25:18 CET 2015

Hello,

On 18 February 2015 at 06:24, Michal Suchanek <hramrach at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 February 2015 at 03:27, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
>> Hi Michal,

>>> No, u-boot.bin. With u-boot-dtb.bin I get a snow # prompt on the
>>> built-in LCD, and working keyboard.
>>
>> OK sounds like it is working, good! I wonder if we should have a page
>> on elinux.org?

It is working to some extent.

I managed to load kernel from the emmc which works fine but the kernel
cannot read the emmc after it boots because it does not properly parse
the partitioning scheme. This should be trivially fixable in the
kernel and might actually work if I updated my sources but rebasing
the extra patches required for Snow is not automatically handled.

On the other hand, the linux kernel has no problem with the SDXC card
in the SD slot and can read it just fine. Unfortunately, u-boot
complains about EFI partition errors and won't load anything from the
card. I tried two different GPT partitioning tools on the card and
both say that the partition layout is fine and that I have the default
128 entries.

How can I tell why u-boot does not like my GPT label?

Thanks

Michal