[U-Boot] Kernel to U-boot messaging and vice versa.

Dev dsupehia at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:28:40 CET 2015

Hello,
  I am new to U-boot development. We are using U-Boot 1.1.4 on a MIPS 74Kc QCA 9557 processor, which is running Linux Kernel 2.6.32.27. We have a situation were our firmware keeps hanging due to some issues. We are looking into a solution where U-boot and Kernel keep communicating with each other every some minutes. If U-boot finds that there is no communication, it will reset the board.

I understand that once the Linux Kernel is booted, the bootloader is not there anymore. BUT, is there any way by modifying the Linux Kernel, we can achieve periodic U-boot to Kernel communication.

Thanks,
-Dev