[U-Boot] fdt: Pass the board serial number through devicetree

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Tue May 19 18:57:13 CEST 2015

Le mardi 19 mai 2015 à 18:37 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
> Hi Simon,
>
> About: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/455720/
>
> AFAIK on the kernel side all the relevant patches (including
> devicetree binding documentation binding) have been queued
> up for 4.2, so this ready to be merged now.
>
> Paul, can you confirm this ?

Correct, the two patches adding support for this in Linux have been
accepted by Russell King:
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=8354/1
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=8355/1

I didn't resend the patch in U-Boot yet (along with the use of ATAGs for
sunxi) but if you're willing to accept it while the change has not yet
landed in Linus' tree, I could wrap a new version soon.

Should I also document the dt property in the U-Boot documentation?

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on
freedom and privacy/security.

Website: http://www.replicant.us/
Blog: http://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: http://redmine.replicant.us/