[U-Boot] Build error for PowerPPC using GCC 5.2 toolchain

Måns Rullgård mans at mansr.com
Fri Nov 6 13:15:07 CET 2015

Otavio Salvador <otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> writes:

> Hello,
>
> At Yocto Project I sent the upgrade for the 2015.10 release, of
> U-Boot, however it is failing badly:
>
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/21468/
>
> Does someone has any idea how to fix it?

The problem is the use of "extern inline" function definitions.  GCC 5
defaults to the standard C99 semantics for this whereas earlier versions
favoured the historical GNU semantics.

The quick fix is to add the -fgnu89-inline compiler flag which requests
the old behaviour.

The proper fix is to replace all "extern inline" with "static inline"
which is what they should have been all along.

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com