[U-Boot] mxs: HAB experiments

Florian Achleitner achleitner.florian at fronius.com
Tue Nov 17 14:16:06 CET 2015

Hi Marek,

thanks for you contributions to support mxs HAB v4 in u-boot. I'm currently
experimenting with HAB on my imx28 board. I think I put everything together
quite well.

But examining the HAB event log I see two successful authentications for the
u-boot.bin and the IVT followed by a FAILURE with "unsupported command" in the
"CSF Context".  It is the same for both the SPL and the main u-boot. Did you
see something similar? It suggests a wrong command in the CSF file, but I
think there is not a lot that can be wrong in the CSF input file for the cst
tool. But probably the cst output is different between versions? I use version
BLN_CST_MAIN_02.03.00.

I use u-boot's mkimage, which can generate a signed boot stream, together with
your hand-crafted IVT generator in the Makefile.

I wonder if the image size field, which is appended to IVT is critical. In
9c2c8a3 you mention that the HAB Rom accepts a not exact size field value of
your SPL image layout. So it seems to be not that critical.
I found that my .sig file created by freescale's cst tool is 3372B, while
yours seems to have been 3904B. Currently, I am experimenting with the image
memory layout and the size field.

My CSF file is virtually identical to the example in the freescale's
application notes, which uses sha256. I programmed the SRK fuses, but did not
set any lock bits.
HAB is in the open configuration. The SRK seems to be ok, otherwise there
would be no SUCCESS events in the log.

Did HAB work without FAILURE events for you? Did anybody else on the list see
something similar? Below, you can find the HAB event log.

Thanks!
Florian

Config: Non-secure IC (0xf0)
State: No security state machine (0xf0)
-------- HAB Event 0 --------
event data:
 db 00 10 40  f0 00 db 00
 00 00 10 00  00 00 26 c0
 status: HAB_STATUS_SUCCESS reason: HAB_RSN_ANY context: HAB_CTX_AUT_DAT

-------- HAB Event 1 --------
event data:
 db 00 10 40  f0 00 db 00
 00 00 80 00  00 00 00 40
 status: HAB_STATUS_SUCCESS reason: HAB_RSN_ANY context: HAB_CTX_AUT_DAT

-------- HAB Event 2 --------
event data:
 db 00 08 40  33 03 cf 00
 status: HAB_STATUS_FAILURE reason: HAB_UNS_COMMAND context: HAB_CTX_CSF

-------- HAB Event 3 --------
event data:
 db 00 10 40  f0 00 db 00
 40 00 20 00  00 06 ef 00
 status: HAB_STATUS_SUCCESS reason: HAB_RSN_ANY context: HAB_CTX_AUT_DAT

-------- HAB Event 4 --------
event data:
 db 00 10 40  f0 00 db 00
 40 00 10 00  00 00 00 40
 status: HAB_STATUS_SUCCESS reason: HAB_RSN_ANY context: HAB_CTX_AUT_DAT

-------- HAB Event 5 --------