[U-Boot] Next for x86?

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:07:23 CET 2015

Hi Simon,

>> Two biggest feature gaps so far are complete ACPI support, and SMM
>> support. ACPI is pretty much a must-have if we want power management
>> feature in the OS. F).
>>
>> ACPI support seems to be a must if we want to support booting Windows,
>> also we may need help from SeaBIOS (chain-loaded from U-Boot).
>
> Yes we should try to get that finished. It seems pretty close at least
> on qemu and minnowboard max.

I have been going through the PCI emulation driver of QEMU as to
understand the BAR entries errors we are getting on the current qemu
support.

I hope to fix it for QEMU soon and would be sharing with Bin and
yourself, my findings(and patches soon).

For Minnowmax, apart from the PCI configuration errors(that we get
similar to QEMU), the power management via the API needs to work too
so that may take some more time.

Regards,
Saket Sinha