[U-Boot] Bisected "sdhci_transfer_data: Error detected in status(0x208002)!" problem on ODROID-X

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 03:57:02 CEST 2015

Hello,

Currently SD card support seems to be broken at least on the ODROID-X
board in U-Boot v2015.10. Checking older U-Boot releases shows that
it used to work in v2014.10, and bisecting points to the commit
a276172cf32386c211c75638f6bf3c0d59ba03ba ("arm: exynos: fix the
div value for set_mmc_clk"):
    http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=a276172cf32386c211c75638f6bf3c0d59ba03ba

Reverting this commit resolves the problem and the SD card starts
working properly.

As an extra test, I also tried to add debugging print at the end of the
exynos4_set_mmc_clk() function, so that it calls exynos4_get_mmc_clk()
with the original 'dev_index' and reports the resulting mmc clock
speed. After reverting the patch, the reported value is 50MHz. Before
reverting it, the reported value was 100MHz. This is a Transcend
class 6 SDHC card.

Is this enough information or should I check something else?

Siarhei Siamashka