[U-Boot] u-boot device model SPI + SPI Flash

Hoefle Marco Marco.Hoefle at nanotronic.ch
Tue Oct 27 13:52:20 CET 2015

Ok renaming it worked and I could extract the petalinux bsp. Thanks for the hint.
The dts I found is very similar to the one we use successfully in the mainline Linux Kernel. There SPI + SPI Flash are working.

However, I think (please correct me if I am wrong) the petalinux u-boot config does not use driver model + dts.
I think the previous method does not work anymore in mainline u-boot as the spi driver has already been ported.
If I do not use these defines:
# define CONFIG_DM
# define CONFIG_DM_SPI
# define CONFIG_OF_SPI

I'l get a compilation error.
So I think it would be a good change to test the u-boot driver model with the Xilinx SPI driver. I am happy to play the guinea pic ;-)

I think currently it is something with the u-boot dts parsing as none of the functions provided by xilinx_spi.c are called.
I attached the currently used u-boot configuration + u-boot dts.