[U-Boot] Galileo instructions

Bin Meng bmeng.cn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 11:28:51 CEST 2015

Hi Simon,

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 5:06 AM, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi Bin,
>
> I have a Galileo Gen 2 and am trying to get U-Boot to start on it. The
> first problem I have is that the schematic says the chip is a W25Q64FV
> which I think is an 8MB part, but the image produced is only 1MB.

Yes, the board has an 8MB SPI flash, but U-Boot (u-boot.rom) only
utilizes the last 1MB.

> Also I know that there is a Gen 1 and a Gen 2. I recall you saying
> that U-Boot supports the Gen 2 but can easily support the Gen 1. But
> perhaps I have done something wrong.

I've verified U-Boot can boot on both gen1 and gen2 boards.

> I downloaded the BSP from here:
>
> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23197/Intel-Quark-BSP
>
> File name: Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.1.0.7z
> Version: 1.1.0 (Latest)
>
> Date: 03/03/2015
> Size: 2.72 MB
>
> Any hints? I am using a dediprog em100 with a test clip over the flash chip.

It's not clear to me what issue you got. It looks like there might be
some issue for dediporg em100 to handle the rom size mismatch? If this
is the case, you can just create an 8MB u-boot.rom with the 1MB
version with other 7MB filled up with 0xFFs.

Regards,
Bin