[U-Boot] SPL boot with NAND on i.MX6 data abort

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Sep 24 17:33:56 CEST 2015

Hi Markus,

On 24/09/2015 17:03, Markus Stelzhammer wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>

> Today I grabbed a different Hardware with a bigger NAND chip (512
> instead of 256MB).
> At this hardware, SPL is not able to jump to U-Boot. So currently I
> assume that I might have some problems when flashing.

If you are not flashing correctly, SPL does not run. It looks like that
your board boots (SPL runs).

> Would you be so kind to review my header file if I miss something or if
> there is something completely wrong?! (I attached it)
> The commands I use to flash are the following:
>
>> ./kobs-ng init -v -x SPL
>> nandwrite --start=0x11000 --pad /dev/mtd0 u-boot.uim
> (I also tried to flash u-boot.bin and u-boot.imx)
>
> The output I get at boot are the following, but then it stucks.
>>>spl:board_init_r()
> using memory 0x18300000-0x1b500000 for malloc()
> spl_init()
> boot device - 4
> spl: nand - using hw ecc
> NAND : 0x01:0xdc erasesize=1 (>>0)

erasesize = 1 ??

> writesize=-1 (>>0)
> oobsize=65535
> chipsize=1095216660225
> Not support the NAND chips whose oob size is larger then 1024 bytes!
> 1044479 MiB

This larger NAND cannot be recognized correctly - it is not a problem by
flashing.

You have to investigate why this NAND (even if ONFI) is not recognized,
but it is a different problem as the one you reported previously.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de